MRSA: How to kill it

What is MRSA? The technical name is Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus. What we want to do is become aware of why it is dangerous, what is not working to kill it, and how it can be killed naturally.

What this name means is a strain of the Staphylococcus Aureus bacteria that has become resistant to the antibiotic Methicillin. This is an understatement. Several antibiotics have lost their ability to kill this bug. A few antibiotics such as Bactrim and vancomycin can kill MRSA, at least until it mutates into a resistant form. This bacteria is serious. It can infect bones and other deep tissues to the point of causing death. According to the Center for Disease Control, the number of deaths from MRSA was 17,260 in 2005.  Pictures of the sores caused by this stuff are not for the faint-of-heart. Some say it is flesh eating. If you are a sufferer you are most likely feeling pretty panicky about it. Dr. Oz believed it serious enough to report on the Oprah show back in 2009. Even if you are not a sufferer, you may be a carrier it has been estimated that up to 30% of the population have MRSA on their skin or in their nasal passages but remain uninfected. It does not infect everyone.

Why does it not affect everyone who comes into to contact with the bacteria? Not all immune systems are functioning equally and not all bodies have a healthy colonization of microbes. These may seem like far-out ideas to some, but even Louis Pasteur stated that the terrain of the body is more important than the germ in disease. This leads us to our next topic: How would a vitalist treat MRSA naturally?

Because not all people have optimal immune systems and because not all people have optimal colonization of microbes living on their bodies we have clues about treatment. As a natural healer, I have been educated to understand that we must use everything at our disposal to overcome disease, including: nutrition, lifestyle, and herbal aids. Nutrition means, for me, the Mucusless diet. This includes fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and grains with a little fish and fowl thrown in during the week. No dairy, one gallon of distilled water, and no processed flour or sugar products are other important facets of this regimen. A raw food diet would definitely be acceptable in this framework as long as the dairy and water rules are followed. If the foods are heated it should be low heat – 212 degrees Fahrenheit or less. Low heated or raw foods contain the enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and other nutritional factors that our bodies need. Excessive heat will ruin the food nutritionally. Good lifestyle is also vital. This means adequate rest and exercise with some doses of fresh air and sunshine thrown in. Also vital is good hygiene. This simply means to keep clean and wash hands frequently. These procedures are vital to protect those of us whose immune systems are not up to par.

Garlic is a super antibiotic for this infection. Recently, I was working with a relative to fight this horrendous infection. In this case the disfiguring skin lesions were just heart-breaking. My relative never really felt well for months. After being treated unsuccessfully with antibiotics she finally asked for my help. What a mess! She had an immune system that was functioning poorly, bad nutritional habits, and stressful lifestyle against her. We did address all of these factors but still had a raging systemic MRSA infection with which to deal. It came down to garlic: 4 cloves taken four times daily. Pungent! I tried this and could not keep it down. A friend gave me her formula: mash 2 bananas, 2 TBSP of raw mayo (homemade), and 4 – 6 cloves of minced garlic together and take it. Something in this recipe made it possible for the garlic to be tolerated by the stoma

I warn you: this remedy must be accompanied by the nutrition and lifestyle regimens or it may not work. We must be as aggressive as the disease or the disease will win.

7 Responses to MRSA: How to kill it

1. Cynthia says:

How long will you have to do this regimen, and can it totally rid the body of the mrsa? Thx

• Jim Spalding, MH says:

My experience has been with a one-week therapy. It may not actually take that long to kill the MRSA, but this was done just to be thorough. The MRSA will be killed from the places in the body where it does not belong. We have come to understand that MRSA may be present anywhere, on anybody’s skin, at any time. The problem comes when it gets beyond that protective barrier – as with a wound, or through a nasal mucous membrane.

2. Lexy O'Malley says:

How extensive was your relative’s MRSA? My mother had an abscess removed from her buttock, it seems to be draining/healing well. I’d like to try this garlic treatment, but was wondering if 4 times a day is necessary for her level of infection. I know being vigilant is good, but my mother has a few other issues which we are treating and I’m not sure that I can get her to stomach that 4 times a day.

3. christine, nj says:

I have just tested positive for mesa in both my urine culture as well as wound culture. I have had pimple size abscesses covering my face and hairline for 3 1/2 mos. A dermatologist told me I had adult onset acne. 150 dollar visit, 3 minutes of his time and a hand ful of samples to use bc I dont have insurance. An idiot. I landed in ER bc the sores were growing and oozing and I had flank pain. I had to request adamantly to culture me for mrsa and ask for a face ointment. Like they were doing me the favor. They declined my request for blood culture stating the bactrim ds will clear out both the uti and if mrsa on face. ( in Aug I was hospitalized with a n acute kidney attack and found to have a renal abscess and blood work showedbacteria and scoliosis and something else. I was admitted for 3 day iv meds and the discharged with 14 day ciprofloxacin. I shd mention in Feb of same year was my first acute kidney attack, wasn’t scanned, but given ciprofloxacin and pain med. Clearly the infection lingered. I have no history of any uti issues in past. I had my son in July 2011 via c section. I had the horrendous mirena put in and removed ( Oct/April) had to beg Dr to take out. I had 2 boils in bikini line area, each separate time. I mistook as bad ingrown hair and drained and carried on. In hindsight I know they were mrsa boils. My issues began after my section. In addition, I have slight incontinence issues as well. Here we are again, 6 mos since last attack and I have mrsa mrsa mrsa. I feel my blood work shed be done knowing history. The rn tells me I look healthy and not septic. As lesions are oozing from my scalp. I feel like I’m in a twilight zone. Where’s the urgency ???? I have a 2 year old, a now pattern of infectious disease spanning 2 years. I want to know if it’sin my organ again or travelled! And how do I kill it. Big shot drs meds clearly haven’t blown it . Out of system. My face looks like a landmine of pepperoni, my insides ache and I’m exhausted/ depressed foggy brain for r months now. I need advice,perspective, insight from others who have struggled. I don’t want to die from this evil disease eating my organs alive. I am a single mother and my son only really has me. This is the most HEINOUS thing a d, I blame the hospital for transmitting it!!!!!!!

4. christine, nj says:

*** not scoliosis… Ecoli. Love auto correct

5. christine, nj says:

And do the hospitals and Dr not like using term mrsa.? What’s the problem? One would think with the prevalence and escalation they would be screening as routine. Why would they not if it’s so deadly if left unmanaged. I never thought I would be a person who questions our system but I lost faith in trusting all big organizations from the magic food they sell to the overload of mandatory poisons, oh immunizations. To the chemical shut in the water. No. Wonder there are ailments. Maybe that is in fact THE plan!
    I have been using tea tree oil, peroxide, baking soda topically and noticed change. Also fresh lemon juice as a toner and drinking it a lot. I’ve read a bit on garlic too